Wednesday, July 14, 2010

E-mail 2

To: fangsnfeathers@england.co.uk
From: greatqueenerat@france.fr
Subject: Your Daughter

Dear Countess Hellsing,

Pleased as I am to receive correspondence from outside the Asylum, most notably from so dear a friend as yourself, Countess, I do nevertheless feel that I should clarify a point or two about your daughter Chandra, honorary Gothic Lolita of the First Battalion of my First Regiment; and, more particularly, about her uniform.
It is, of course, a dress uniform, for that is simply the only sort suitable for a daughter of yours, Countess, and indeed, Chandra would scarcely be assigned combat duties (they do still call on us to uphold those silly Geneva Conventions, after all, which the use of your daughter against ones enemies would be sure to violate), and in fact, though I must admit I have been loathe to tell you until now, she had quite a hand in the design of her current apparel, having declared the normal garment “quite too plain”.
I do indeed appreciate the delicate nature of the situation with your… male child… (and do please tell that… person not to stretch out my corsets so), but to be frank, Countess, I am unconcerned, for Chandra has taken quite a liking to her new uniform, and you and I both know the fate that befalls those… persons… who endeavour to meddle with those things which Lolita Chandra (if I may be so bold as to refer to her by her new honorary title) has taken a liking to.
Indeed, should Lex Luthor, or anyone, attempt to steal your daughter, I must confess amusement at the thought of the fate that would befall them.
I am unaware of the origin of the hatpin, lovely as it is, as it was provided by Chandra herself as we designed her uniform.
This GeneCo situation is indeed quite irksome, as one would expect (if you’ll pardon me my mild prejudices) when dealing with Italians; however, I do remain confident that we shall be able to resolve it quickly and with a minimum of nuclear munitions expended, and on that note, must now pause here to gratefully accept your most gracious invitation to your house (as for badminton: but of course I shall bring my set).
I do so look forward to tea.

Yours manicly,
President Emilie Autumn

Ps. Though it is no doubt a lost cause, perhaps between us we could keep all of my clothing safe this visit, and thus out of the hands of your… child?

No comments:

Post a Comment